[SunHELP] How can I find the default ether (MAC) address of an interface?

Adam Victor Reed areed2 at calstatela.edu
Sun Mar 11 16:23:43 CDT 2007

Yes, that's it.  Before installing Solaris 10 I reset eeprom to default
values - and local-mac-address? defaults to false!  There is actually
a document about this,

http://www.sun-rays.org/lib/sunsolve/16733.html

which I missed because, even though it looks like an official SunSolve
doc, is not under sun.com. and so my Google searches didn't find it.

Many thanks, Stephen!

--
				Adam Reed
				areed2 at calstatela.edu

Context matters. Seldom does *anything* have only one cause.