[SunHELP] solaris 10 problem

abs abhishake00 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 19:57:12 CDT 2007

i thought it was the monitor as well but sometimes display comes up and at other times it doesn't.  i even left the system on to see if it actually comes up(checked by pinging it) but when this happens i can't even ping the system.

when the screen does not display nothing is displayed.  it doesn't even POST.

Adam Victor Reed <areed2 at calstatela.edu> wrote: This is a problem with some Dell monitors, such as the P1130 I use,
e.g., with some of my older Suns that only output analog video that's
not compatible with cheap digital panels.  These monitors are made to
be powered from the monitor power socket on the older computers, and
expect power to be removed and restored when the computer reboots.  The
simplest workaround is to manually unplug and re-plug the monitor power
cord.

--
    Adam Reed
    areed2 at calstatela.edu

Context matters. Seldom does *anything* have only one cause.

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org