[SunHELP] NFS--Linux server & Solaris client

Dave K davek08054 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 08:34:14 CDT 2007

On 8/4/07, Steve Sandau <ssandau at gwi.net> wrote:

> I recently went back to Solaris 9 on my Ultra2 and am unable to get some
> basic things to work with an NFS mount to the Linux server.
> ... they are on the
> same network with nothing but a 10m hub in between.

The last time I had significant NFS errors of this type I found that
the Linux server had misconfigured the duplex setting on it's network
interface.  Although things usually "just work" with basic hubs, it's
still worth a shot to verify that both of these systems are configured
for 10mbit, half duplex.

--
Dave K
Unix Systems & Network Administrator