[SunHELP] Hardlinks in Solaris 8

Predrag Zecevic [Unix System Administrator] predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Mon Apr 16 07:17:49 CDT 2007

Hi,

    * cp -pr dir1/* dir2/*
    * rsync --archive dir1/ dir2
    * man cpio (adopt Example 3: find . -depth -print | cpio -pdlmv newdir)

Regards ;-)

Stefan Bielenberg wrote:
> Sebastien DAUBIGNE <sebastien.daubigne <at> atosorigin.com> writes:
>
>> man ln
>>

> Yes, I know that exists "ln" to do this, but what I need is an idea/script that
> do the same like "cp -al dir1 dir2" in Linux, that means a recursive copy of all
> files and subdirectories in "dir1" to "dir2".
>
> Now it should be a little bit more clearly. Do you have any ideas?
>
> Stefan
>

>> Stefan Bielenberg:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I want to use hardlinks insteed of coping
>>> real files and subdirectories.
>>> In Linux I can do something like this:
>>>
>>>   cp -al dir1 dir2
>>>
>>> but this options no exists in Solaris.
>>> What can I do to have the same functionality?

Predrag Zecevic, 2e Systems GmbH

E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Mobile:    +49 174 3109 288
Telephone: +49 6107 989415, Faximile: +49 6107 989494

www.2e-systems.com  - making your business fly

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH
                       Im Taubengrund 12
                       65451 Kelsterbach, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 84110
Managing directors:   Phil Douglas, Alistair Forbes