[SunHELP] Boot-Problem UE60

Ron Wickersham rjw at alembic.com
Wed Nov 1 01:01:05 CST 2006

> Message: 8
> Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 03:47:59 +0200
> From: Michael Karl <mk at lexcom-net.de>
> Subject: [SunHELP] Boot-Problem UE60
> To: <sunhelp at sunhelp.org>
>
> Hello,
>
> I have to transfer a Solaris7-OS from a defect UE60
> to an other machine R220.
>
> The devices-table is changed ... ok.
>
> >From the ok-prompt I can boot the new disk.
>
> But then the machine "can't stat /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0"
> just before the filesystem-check of /.
>
> I boot from cdrom and transfer the recommended /dev/dsk,
> /dev/rdsk und /devices to the new boot-disk.
>
> Nothing help till now ... any hints
>
> Thanx Michael

hopefully you've had luck by now.   surprising to have anything other than
an easy time since the UE60 (assuming its the same as Ultra-60) has the
same motherboard as the rack-mount R220 (assuming it's the same as 220R).

but if there are other similar models and you're not going from an Ultra-60
to a 220R then there may be other problems.

why not boot to single-user mode and look at the root filesystem while it's
read-only and make sure you can read it.

and since you have the cdrom, if you can put in a scratch disk, install
Solaris7 on the spare disk and make sure that runs before changing stuff
around on the original disk.

-ron