[SunHELP] Pkgs and Zones

Steve Pribyl steve at netfuel.com
Tue May 16 14:00:42 CDT 2006

Found the problem...

When running pkgadd in the global zone (see zones(5)), a package that
contains a request script (see pkgask(1M)) is added only to the global
zone. The package is not propagated to any current or
yet-to-be-installed non-global zone. This behavior mimics the effect of
the -G option, described below.

Thanks
Steve Pribyl
Steve AT NetFuel dot com
Computer Infrastructure Practitioner

Steve Pribyl wrote:
> Anyone familiar with zones and installing packages.
>
> I have seen examples where the package is install in the Global zone and
> it is then installed automatically in the running LocalZones.
>
> I can't seem to get the package to cascade in the the LocalZones.
>
> Thanks

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]