[SunHELP] Sony/HP CF1113F MO Drive

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Jun 13 10:06:40 CDT 2006

" From: Mark Benson <markbenson at mac.com>
"
" I got a pair of working 2.6GB MO drives out of an old HP jukebox a
" []
" I'm using
" 2.6GB (1.3 per side) Plasmon RW discs, which are 1024 bytes/sector.
" Could this be an issue? I've heard vague mention of problems with
" non-512 bytes/sector devices but I thought it as only on old machines.

i think you're referring to the cd problem.  sun install cds are
formatted like a hd, 512byte/sector instead of the iso9660 2kb/sec.
starting with the ultras sun included the mode command to switch block
size in the obp boot code; before that the drive had to be jumpered.