[SunHELP] Sony/HP CF1113F MO Drive

Brigance, Leslie V, WWCS lbrigance at att.com
Sun Jun 11 16:51:55 CDT 2006

I'm going to send this and hope there are no assassins in the group.
I had a similar situation with several 4GB compaq drives.
I ended up connecting the drives to an Adaptec SCSI controller
in a machine running NT 4.0 (sacrilege, I know).
when I powered on the box and went into the adaptec utilities
I was able to run a full format on the drive.
 (It took hours, of course) but when finished was able to move
it to an SS20 running Solaris 8 and use
it with no problems after writing a label to it.
I had to do them one at a time, but this was a couple of years
ago when a 4GB drive was still worth $50 or more.
Good luck (you can pick up an older Adaptec on eBay for very little
$$$).

Going to go hide now in case someone is looking for me.