[SunHELP] SATA HDD on Sil3112 not recognized

Valery Yankin sosiski at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:42:12 CST 2006

Hello,

I am running Solaris 9/05 on a low cost Celeron-based PC. Recently I
have purchased a Sil 3112 SATA controller and two SATA drives to work
with it.
When I booted Solaris it recognized the SATA controller but the `format`
command did not see any of the 2 drives connected to it. What was I
doing wrong? OpenBSD saw both the drives and was ready to work with it
right away. What does Solaris 9x86 need to work with these drives?

I hope your advice will help. Thank you.

Valery.