[SunHELP] #ifdef __solaris__

mfcardenas mfcardenas at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Feb 10 00:04:10 CST 2006

Hello list

Am porting a software to solaris and there are a few lines that differ from linux and freebsd, so I need to use #ifdef directives to identify the system and use the specific code.

My doubt is... which is the defined symbol for solaris? I searched in google and found two versions __solaris__ and __SOLARIS__ but none of them is recognized at compile time. Am using gcc. Can anybody tell me if it is wrong how should I use it or maybe is included in a different header file than stddef.h or something like?

Thanks for any comment :)