[SunHELP] Generating shared libraries

David Eisner cradle at umd.edu
Wed Feb 8 09:27:58 CST 2006

Miguel Cardenas wrote:
> Currently the code has been ported with a few modifications, but the problem
> is linking, the 'ld' is a bit different than in linux or freebsd and the man
> page did not help me too much to understand how to use it...
>
> The question is... where can I find a tutorial or note or samples to build
> shared libraries?? just need a few samples and notes.

Linker and Libraries Guide
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1984

Appendix A Link-Editor Quick Reference
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1984/6mhm7pl2o?a=view

---snip--8<---
$ cc -c -o foo.o -K pic -xregs=no%appl foo.c
$ cc -M mapfile -G -o libfoo.so.1 -z text -z defs -B direct -z lazyload
\ -z combreloc -z ignore -R /home/lib foo.o -L. -lbar -lc
---snip--8<---

-David