[SunHELP] DAEFLD

listmail listmail at triad.rr.com
Mon Feb 6 11:23:57 CST 2006

This issue is not specific to Sun, but I need to hear responses from
anyone that has a Clariion FC4700 in their environment or has
information regarding the Disk Array Enclosures in the FC4700.
According to our sales rep, the enclosure DAEFLD is at end of life and
is no longer being sold.   This puts us in a situation where we either
need to find a third party that can provide us with more DAE's or we are
forced to upgrade to a more current array in order to have more total
storage.  I realize the first option I listed raises a flag on
contracted warranty and support.  If anyone has information to share
please do.