[SunHELP] Sun blade and kvm switcher

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 13:59:19 CST 2006

On 12/29/06, Anthony Gabrielson <agabrielpop at home.tzo.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I'm not sure if anyone has any ideas on getting a kvm switcher
> running with a blade 100, I'm still plugging away at it.  I upgrade my
> firmware to the newest I could find, 4.17.1 (2005), and still have the
> same problem.  Does anyone know if this is the newest firmware available
> for the Blade 100?

Not sure if this applies to USB keyboards or not, but with the older
type of Sun keyboard, unplugging/plugging the keyboard is seen as the
equivalent of a break, so the machine would drop to the OK prompt.
Perhaps your KVM is not DTRT as far as keeping power to the keyboard
port?

You could try disabling the break sequence from the command line and
seeing if this prevents it:

kbd -a disable

Check out the man page for kbd for more details.  You might also want
to try a different USB keyboard if you have one.

=Nadine=