[SunHELP] Performance Issues

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Tue May 31 06:13:22 CDT 2005

James Fogg wrote:

> I don't recall the particular command, but make sure both the switch and
> the system report 100/full. Failure to properly negotiate link is a
> classic Sun issue, esp. if the switch is a Cisco.

The autoneg issue is usually the result of improper implementation of
"Nway" negotiation at the hardware level. Early DEC DE500 (Tulip)
adapters had this issue too, but they were later revised to follow the
proper specs.
Other manufacturers used the same chip, so the same principles was
applied to them too; don't use Autoneg.

/Bjorn