[SunHELP] Weird SS1000

Dave Fischer dave at cca.org
Mon May 30 18:15:37 CDT 2005

I recently aquired my third SS1000, and it's an oddity.

The nameplate says "SPARCcenter 2000", but it's a completely
normal SS1000. I've never seen a SC2000 in person, but I'm
reasonably sure that the chassis is different enough that
the plastic skins are not in any way interchangable. ie: this
really is a SC2000 badged SS1000, and not just mismatched skins.

I'm thinking it was a really early unit, and marketing was
still debating the name.

Here's a close-up photo:

	http://www.cca.org/dave/tech/sys5/ss1000.jpg

Anyone else ever seen anything like this?

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------- When Heaven is full, the dead shall walk the earth. -----------