[SunHELP] libiconv.so.2

Sebastian Jaenicke sj+sunhelp at jaenicke.org
Thu May 26 11:43:53 CDT 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 11:29:47AM -0500, Clif Smith wrote:
> So, there's no way I can compile perl so it knows where the library is
> itself vs. telling users to set this and/or me setting it in
> /etc/profile, etc.?

Sure; assuming you installed libiconv.so in /usr/local/lib,
set your LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib" before
compiling perl (assuming the build process uses ld for
linking the perl binary).

In case linking is done by gcc itself, set
CFLAGS="-Wl,-L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib".

- Sebastian
--
Sebastian Jaenicke
Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.