[SunHELP] IP Multipathing

Adrian Florea Adrian.Florea at alcatel.ro
Mon May 23 05:24:56 CDT 2005

if you're using Solaris 10 then look at:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4554/6maoq026p?a=view

Quote:

"With IPMP configured, outbound network packets are spread across
multiple NICs without affecting the ordering of packets. This process is
known as *load spreading*. As a result of load spreading, higher
throughput is achieved. Load spreading occurs only when the network
traffic is flowing to multiple destinations that use multiple connections."