[SunHELP] cracklib or npasswd

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue May 10 17:43:20 CDT 2005

I was wondering if any folks out there on the list
had managed to get either npasswd or one of the
versions of pam_cracklib to compile and function
correctly under Solaris?

I am trying to use the updated version of pam_cracklib
at sourceforge (cracklib-2.8.3) combined with the Solaris
stuff modifications, also at sourceforge.  A hint as to how
to resolve this would be of help:

fascist.c: In function `FascistGecos':
fascist.c:525: error: too many arguments to function `getpwuid_r'
fascist.c:525: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
make[2]: *** [fascist.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/nmiller/PAM_cracklib_sol/cracklib-2.8.3/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/nmiller/PAM_cracklib_sol/cracklib-2.8.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The logic surrounding the arguments given to this function
is key to the acceptance/rejection of setting the user's pass-
word.  My understanding of C is limited, so I really don't know
how to patch it to fix this.

Alternatively, some clues as to how to get npasswd to compile
under Solaris would be welcome as well.

Thanks--
=Nadine=