[SunHELP] writing to a CDROM on V880 running Solaris 2.8

George Munk MUNKG at iomega.com
Wed May 4 14:42:12 CDT 2005

Joan,

I doubt you will be able to write to a CD-ROM on a V880 or any other
system (sorry, I couldn't resist). However, if you were to attach a CD-R
or CD-RW drive  to the V880, I suggest you download and build cdrtools
found at http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/cdrecord.html. If you
prefer or are not able to build from source code, look for binaries of
cdrecord (and optionally mkisofs) at
http://www.sunfreeware.com/indexsparc8.html.

Regards,
George