[SunHELP] Problem starting application automatically during boot-up.

Sebastien Daubigne sebastien.daubigne at atosorigin.com
Tue Jun 7 03:44:42 CDT 2005

No, it's not required to have exec permission, just because the script is an
argument to "sh".
My message was not about "start", but about "sh".

There are some circumstances where "/etc/rcX.d/Sxxxx" will not produce the
exact same behaviour as "sh /etc/rcX.d/Sxxxxx".

So you have to launch your script via "sh /etc/rcX.d/Sxxxx start" and not
"/etc/rcX.d/Sxxxx start" to simulate the init process.

--
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
Sebastien.daubigne at atosorigin.com
mailto:Sebastien.daubigne at atosorigin.com>  - +33(0)5.57.26.56.36