[SunHELP] While we are on the subject.

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Jan 10 13:13:55 CST 2005

" From: Dale Ghent <daleg at elemental.org>
"
" On Jan 10, 2005, at 11:36 AM, Matthew Hattersley wrote:
"
" > Does anybody know the limits for UID's.
" >
" > Is it 32Bit or 64Bit uids.... I asking because we are setting up a
" > rather large mail cluster with ldap as the uid store.
"
" On Solaris 9 at least, max UID is 2147483647 (so it's 32bit)
"
" See the UID_MAX #define in /usr/include/limits.h

iirc on solaris [8 here] it defaults to 16b for compatibility but can
be set to 32b or anywhere in between.