[SunHELP] Solaris limit on groups within groups

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Fri Jan 7 13:41:29 CST 2005

On Jan 7, 2005, at 2:34 PM, stephen price wrote:

> So unlike your attempt at a somewhat snide reference
> to RTFM, I am looking for constructive ways to solve a
> problem.

I'm sorry you took it that way. I've personally never have been in a
situation where I needed more than 32 group members, so I was unaware
that there's a hard upward limit. You failed to mention what you
already knew.

> That's why I was polling the group at large to see if
> someone else had encountered this before and knew of a
> commercial or open source resolution for ftp in a
> controlled environment with a larger than normal
> number of groups.

You may wish to look at POSIX acls on your FTP area's directories and
files. man setfacl and getfacl for details.

/dale