[SunHELP] ufsdump verification errors

Yazid mohd.yazid at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 21:09:26 CST 2005

Hello,
When doing ufsdump, I normally use raw device name instead of block
device (/dev/md/rdsk/d30 instead of /dev/md/dsk/d30).
I have never try the v (verify) option, according to man page that
will cause ufsdump to check the backup againts the source file after
the backup. If you need to use the v option, unmount the source
partition first before doing the backup, if the source is / then you
need to boot to cdrom.
Hope that will help.