[SunHELP] GUI interface between unix servers

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sat Aug 27 12:50:32 CDT 2005

Juan Urista wrote:
> You can still su to root - all you need to do is "xauth list" to reveal
> the localhost display and then when you su to root "xauth add" that
> cookie to the root user.  Then you can tunnel the xdisplay from root

Actually, this raises a good question.  I have a bunch of xauth entries
I cannot remove because xauth says they're bad hostnames.  There doesn't
appear to be any kind of "--force" argument to xauth (i.e, "I don't CARE
if it's invalid, remove it ANYWAY".

Does anyone know a way to completely purge and reinitialize the xauth
database?

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518