[SunHELP] Help with ssh2 /scp2 Solaris 9 or 10

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Tue Aug 23 16:46:04 CDT 2005

On Aug 22, 2005, at 3:06 PM, Ben Grissinger wrote:

> Anyone know if there is a good package or source tarball to install
> compile SSH2 on a solaris 9 and or 10 server.?
>
> I've tried unsucessfully to install some of the downloads from ssh.org

After reading the responses to this question, I think a bunch of you
are confused.

There are two prominent SSH packages out there: OpenSSH and the older
F-Secure SSH.

When the SSHv2 spec was released, F-Secure did not include v2 support
in the 'ssh' binary, but instead provided another binary called
'ssh2' I believe this is what your developer is referring to.

OpenSSH, however, combines v1 and v2 spec into the same binary,
'ssh'. There is no 'ssh2' binary when it comes to OpenSSH.

A SSH client and server comes with Solaris 9 and 10, and is based on
OpenSSH. It is likely that you just need to install the Sun packages
which provide this. The packages you want to install are:

SUNWsshcu
SUNWsshdr
SUNWsshdu
SUNWsshr