[SunHELP] Help with ssh2 /scp2 Solaris 9 or 10

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 06:15:50 CDT 2005

On 22/08/05, Ben Grissinger <bug3 at psu.edu> wrote:
> Matthew
>
> We have a software installation on one of our servers asking us to use
> scp2.  This software is installed on a legacy server using scp2 and its
> working, so we were trying not to change the upgrade.

>From a quick Google, scp2's part of the SSH Communications' SSH
package, probably as part of SSH Secure Shell for Servers. There are
both commercial and non-commercial versions.

http://www.ssh.com/support/downloads/secureshellserver/

Unless you're willing to shell out cash, the all functionality
provided by scp2 appears to be provided with OpenSSH and presumable
the Sun packages too, right down to the command line switches.

You'll probably find all you need to do is "ln -s /usr/bin/scp
/usr/bin/scp2" for the installer to work. You might want to check with
your software vendor just to confirm this so you're not invalidating
any support contracts or anything.

Will.