[SunHELP] pkgadd ERROR: attribute verification of

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:39:44 CDT 2005

On 8/5/05, Jitesh Mehta,Gurgaon <jiteshm at hcltech.com> wrote:
> While installing a package using pkgadd getting the following error
> [ verifying class <none> ]
> ERROR: attribute verification of </appl0-nz/RM/bin/d1cam.lst> failed
>     pathname does not exist
>
> Seem to be a mermission issue with the file appl0-nz/RM/bin/d1cam.lst
>
> But what causes this error. What is exactly done during verifying
> class/attribute varification

Looks to me like it's trying to verify attributes on a file that
isn't there--i.e. something was missed by the package builder
(most likely) or it's expecting a file to already exist on the system.

Have you checked with whomever provided the package to you
or made sure all your dependencies have been fulfilled?

You may also want to check in /var/sadm/ for logs related to
the pkgadd attempt--not sure if pkgadd puts things in there
or not, though.

=Nadine=