[SunHELP] help w/ unmirroring swap

Edward Chase echase at studentweb.providence.edu
Wed Sep 29 15:01:21 CDT 2004

Currently I have a Solaris 9 box that has a mirrored swap space.  We have a
quick need to increase swap space.  I'm thinking that I can unmirror swap
and then turn on both partitions as swap.  I'll get double the current swap
and lose the protection that mirroring provides.

Would the easiest way be to just alter the vfstab file and reboot?

The current entry is

/dev/md/dsk/d1  -       -       swap    -       no      -

If I was to just replace it with

/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1       -       -       swap    -       no      -
/dev/dsk/c0t1d0s1       -       -       swap    -       no      -

Would that work?  Or do I have to worry at all about the metadevice, d1?

Thanks.

--
Edward Chase
Providence College