[SunHELP] Primary DNS server

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Sep 29 00:51:08 CDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 09:37:30AM +0530, vijay wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> Could you please, give me the steps for configuring a solaris 9 sparc server
> as a primary DNS server (both forward and reverse) after installing bind 9?
>
> thanks a lot,

Well, you read the BIND System Administrators' Guide, you plan your
usage and zones, you write the config file, you crate the zones files,
you start BIND, and you amend your domain record to point an NS entry at
it.

Perhaps if you could be a little more specific about your question, we
could give you a more useful answer.  Where exactly are you running into
trouble?  You DID start by reading the documentation, right?

Oh, and consider buying the O'Reilly BIND/DNS book.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net