[SunHELP] Need help witth allocation of disk space.

vijay kumar vijay_sys at rediffmail.com
Sat Sep 25 06:50:16 CDT 2004

Hi friends,

The root and usr partitions in my sparc server become full, only
i find /var is having free space.

Would i face any problem if i keep user
data and install files in /var partition ?

Also, how can i remove unnecessary
language documentation files, when get install with Operating system
installation?

Thanks

Regards
Vijay

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 Michael
Horton wrote :
>remove the old logs from /var.
>
>you can sym-link a directory
in /var to /export

>if sounds like you followed the os installation
recommendations for your
>disk setup.
>this is a bad idea in most cases that i
have seen.