[SunHELP] Solaris 9 network install..

Ryan Loiselle sun-help at azonicnet.com
Fri Sep 10 14:35:56 CDT 2004

Hello all,

Well I seem to have things somewhat ironed out... I have finnished the
install once, then botched things up (twas 3am, and i was tired).

----------------------
Installing boot information
        - Installing boot blocks (c0t1d0s0)
        - Updating system firmware for automatic rebooting
WARNING: Could not update system for automatic rebooting

Installation log location
        - /a/var/sadm/system/logs/install_log (before reboot)
        - /var/sadm/system/logs/install_log (after reboot)

Installation complete

WARNING: CHANGE DEFAULT BOOT DEVICE
         If you want the system to always reboot Solaris from
         the boot device that you've specified (c0t1d0s0),
         you must change the system's default boot device using
         the eeprom(1M) command after installing Solaris software.
Executing SolStart postinstall phase...
Executing finish script "patch_finish"...

Finish script patch_finish execution completed.
Executing JumpStart postinstall phase...

The begin script log 'begin.log'
is located in /var/sadm/system/logs after reboot.

The finish script log 'finish.log'
is located in /var/sadm/system/logs after reboot.
----------------------------

I didnt use the eeprom command befor I rebooted by accident (as the
WARNING clearly states), and when the machine rebooted, it attempted to do the network install once again,
which i aborted.

Now I know that as a result of  the first successful install, the OS
should be installed on the disk, my questions is how do i change boot
device from the bootprom?

I am thinking that I would use the:

setenv boot-device=disk:a disk net

when the present value is:

boot-device=disk net

Should I also set the:

diag-device=disk net

when its present value is:

diag-device=net

well that should be about it... worst thing that can happen is having to
reinstall from scratch... now that things are working, thats not a huge
problem..

Thanks!

Ryan Loiselle