[SunHELP] "checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables"

chandant chandant at indiatimes.com
Mon Sep 6 09:05:37 CDT 2004

That brings my work to halt again.

I thought of manually installing libiconv and therefore I removed it but it gives the gcc error. So here I am back again with that libiconv package installed.

Do you have any clues of the error mentioned below:
ld.so.1: ./jabberd/jabberd: fatal: relocation error: file ./aim-transport/src/aimtrans.so: symbol libiconv_open: referenced symbol n
ot found

Thanks Again.

Chandan

"Chris Pinnock" wrote:

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 07:24:57PM +0530, chandant wrote:
> 2. Infact I am trying to install libiconv only, I am facing this
> problem during libiconv installation only.

gcc is linked against libiconv. You need it to be installed before you
can use gcc to compile libiconv. Chicken and Egg problem.

> 3. I have installed gcc through the sunpackage from sunfreeware so I
> can't manually specify any options.

correct the library path if you are still having problems.

Cheers,
Chris
Indiatimes Email now powered by APIC Advantage. Help!
HelpClick on the image to chat with me