[SunHELP] Problems with vold

David Strom dstrom at ciesin.columbia.edu
Fri Sep 3 09:34:26 CDT 2004

Sounds like what I've seen if the inetd.conf line is commented out... in
Solaris 9, there's an entry in /etc/inetd.conf that pertains to volume
management.  We tend to just comment out all the lines for security
reasons, and when we first did this, vold didn't work.  So, if you see
the line for media, uncomment the line, save, & pkill -HUP inetd.  See
if this helps.  The demon in question is:
  "/usr/lib/smedia/rpc.smserverd rpc.smserverd"
HTH.
--
David Strom