[SunHELP] SDS/Sol8-9 question: replicas on a mirror ???

Michael Karl mk at lexcom-net.de
Fri Oct 15 03:47:10 CDT 2004

hi Michael,

thanks for the answer ... I agree. Sorry ... bad example in question ...
I'd never made such a configuration ... everytime I'm using two controller
... also on my home-office UE10 with 2 IDE-Controllers.

But much more disks had died in the last years ... but only one or two
controller in very many Suns ;-)

Ok ... I have two onboard-controller in a Sun like a E420R ... one disk on
each controller ... mirrored ... but my first problem will happen, if one
of these disks will die ... correct ?

If one disk will die the replicas will be missing from this dead disk ...
Single-User-Mode, metadb -r ... etc.

Is there any workaround to this behavior ?

Thanks Michael

(To Michael: Michael from Waibstadt nearby Sinsheim ;-)