[SunHELP] Configuration advice...

Marvin Cummings MarvinC at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 15:13:50 CDT 2004

Thanks. With the exception of the 2nd private network this is is the
setup I've been leaning towards implementing. I'd also like to know
what's the mindeset on using either the Solaris or the Intel box as
the firewall. I've heard some complain that Solaris on the Intel sucks
in comparision to the Ultra Sparc. The HW for both are as follows:
Sparc: 440mhz w/768MB RAM & 8GB harddrive
Intel: PII 450mhz w/128MB RAM & 8GB harddrive

Me being a Windows guy and running ISA on a PIII 550mhz w/768MB of RAM
and a 27GB harddrive I've always heard that you didn't need much to
run a linux firewall. Is this the case with Sun? Will the PII suffice
or should I use the Sparc? I'm thinking I'd like to use the minimum to
get the firewall working and the other for Sendmail. Sendmail, again
will front-end and relay to exchange.

thnks