[SunHELP] Configuration advice...

Fausto Bijdor fabio at crearium.com
Mon Oct 11 17:26:09 CDT 2004

I have never used Sun as a firewall, it is called "sun screen" I guess.
Sun Solaris is not the easiest system for that work, I am sure you can
do it and can be fine, but I would use freebsd as a firewall, just to do
that, the system came rady for that outof the box.
You can get great advantage with sendmail on Sun. It is very common use
to handle email and dabatabase on Sun.

If you plan to do it with Solaris, try to close as much port as
possible, a good idea is work on it in console, IMHO.

my .99 cents.