[SunHELP] syslog

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 22:40:58 CDT 2004

/var/log/tacacs.wtmp is the log file the tacacs proccess running you solaris
box will write it's log output to.

/var/log/tacacs is the log file that syslog will write all local6.info
messages too.

Have you tried running syslog with debugging on to see if there are syntax
errors in the syslog.conf

Have you tried soemthing like 'logger -p local6.info "Test Message" ' to see
if syslog is handeling local6.info messages correctly?

Which logging is not working?

Jarrett Carver           http://www.geocities.com/solarboyz1
solarboyz1 at hotmail.com   Unix/NT Systems Administrator
"When people sigh 'Life is hard', I am always tempted to
ask 'compared to what?'".
               - Sydney Harris