[SunHELP] Large Cheap Storage for a U5

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 01:26:12 CDT 2004

Hi

I have a customer who uses the following on a U5 to act as backup
storage

Compaq 875 based SCSI card (you could of course use the X5010A, but more
expensive...)
Acard 7726 LVD/SE to IDE converters
Maxtor 300Gb IDE disk & Hitachi/IBM 180Gb disk

This combination is pretty rock solid, do not use the older Acard cards
as I have seen data corruptions with the 875 based cards.

So three of these onto a single card and use SVM should work fine.

All the best

Peter