[SunHELP] Shell scripts not running

Predrag Zecevic - Solaris System Administrator predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Jun 15 09:24:47 CDT 2004

Hi,

try this script, and send to us output....
-------------------------------------- <code> ---
#!/bin/ksh -x

printf "Hello, World!\n"
env
------------------------------------- </code> ---
Regards ;-)

Jopson, Andy wrote:

>My dear E.
>
>You don't need to see any scripts, I've already said that they worked before
>Solaris 8 and now they don't and that the problem exists for all scripts,
>even the simple 'echo "Andy"' one-line script quoted below. The problem must
>be with the system, not the scripts.
>
>To use your analogy, it would be like walking into a garage and saying "My
>car doesn't fly, I want you to repair it." He doesn't need to see the car
>then to know that it's "irrepairable", does he?!

>Andrew Jopson C.Eng MSc
>Thermotek Ltd
>Thermal Analyst
>Rolls-Royce Thermofluids
>Sinfin, Derby (PCF-2)
>
>Tel: +44 (0) (1332 2) 43487
>Fax: +44 (0) (1332 2) 61319
>Mobi: +44 (0) 7887 948971

| Predrag Zecevic | e-Mail: Predrag.Zecevic at 2e-Systems.COM |
| 2e Systems GmbH |              Tel: (+49)[0]6107 989 415 |
|Im Taubengrund 12|              Fax: (+49)[0]6107 989 494 |
|65451 Kelsterbach|                                        |
|     Germany     |         Cellular: (+49)[0]174 3109 288 |