[SunHELP] Shell scripts not running

Jopson, Andy Andrew.Jopson at Rolls-Royce.com
Tue Jun 15 08:51:21 CDT 2004

Thanks Gary. However...

The scripts worked under 2.5 and they still work when executed by another
program (in this case iSIGHT). It's only when I submit them on the command
line that they won't work. I've even made up a simple script with just one
line - echo 'andy', chmod'ed it to 777 and even that won't execute!!!

We may have changed groups in the changeover though. Is it possible that our
stingy network administrators have turned off Solaris' ability to run user's
scripts in my group? They normally make a lot of mistakes, I wouldn't be
surprised if this is another one. They've yet to reply to me though...

Andrew Jopson C.Eng MSc
Thermotek Ltd
Thermal Analyst
Rolls-Royce Thermofluids