[SunHELP] Disk Drives for Ultra 10

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Jun 9 12:01:57 CDT 2004

" From: "Tom Jones" <tjones at statesman.com>
"
" ----- Original Message -----
" >      Having some problems with a ultra 10.  I have a bad drive, it is a
" > Seagate ata II drive.  The part number matches a ata/66.  I am trying to put
" > in a new drive, ata/100 120gb but it is only coming up as seeing 8gb of the
" > drive.  I have tried a different drive and it did the same thing.  Has anyone
" > run into a problem like this?  Are the sun drives different than any other
" > drive?
" >
" > Thanks for your help,
" >
" > Tom Stewart
"
" Sounds like you may be running Solaris 2.6 which has the 8GB limitation.

its autodetect does, but you can specify up to 64h/255s/16383c
manually.

enter the geometry by hand.  fudge it if/when necessary.  ide drives
don't really have 16h/64s anyway.