[SunHELP] special differential cables?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Jun 8 08:58:45 CDT 2004

" From: Bob Ababurko <ababurko at adelphia.net>
"
"    I am a bit confused in terms of which cable I should use to hook up a
" new array(D1000) that I just got.  It requires a differential SCSI
" controller but I don't know if there is a special cable that I need so that
" I don't screw anything up.  I have HD68-HD68(pn 501-1884) cables right now,
" but I hesitate to use them until I know for sure.  TIA

the cables -should- be the same.

diff scsi uses differential pairs [duh!] for every signal.  se scsi
interleaves grounds between the signals.  this is at the
driver/receiver though, not in the cable.