[SunHELP] off topic help

Sebastian Jaenicke sj+sunhelp at jaenicke.org
Tue Jul 27 15:15:58 CDT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 04:00:22PM -0400, Bret Adams wrote:
[..]
> After the telnet to port 2000, the script will not process my commands to
> login.  Besides shooting the terminal server which is my idea does anyone
> know how to package the login sequence commands for a unix shell script
> that it can pass the correct answers into the login sequence.

NAME
       expect - programmed dialogue with interactive programs, Version 5
[..]
INTRODUCTION
       Expect  is a program that "talks" to other interactive programs accord-
       ing to a script.  Following  the  script,  Expect  knows  what  can  be
       expected  from  a  program and what the correct response should be.  An
       interpreted language provides branching and high-level  control  struc-
       tures  to  direct the dialogue.  In addition, the user can take control
       and interact directly when desired, afterward returning control to  the
       script.

http://expect.nist.gov/

- Sebastian
--
Sebastian Jaenicke                                   Disce aut discede!
whois pgpkey-C81115B1 -h whois.ripe.net|perl -ne's-^certif: *--&&print'