[SunHELP] ftp auth with pam_ldap + TLS/SSL doesn't work

Lara Adianto m1r4cle_26 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 01:41:46 CDT 2004

Hi,

Has anybody out there managed to get ftp
authentication using pam_ldap + TLS/SSL works ?

I had pam_ldap installed in solaris 8 box, configured
to authenticate to an external openldap server. FTP
authentication works fine without TLS/SSL securing the
connection to the server, but if I activate TLS/SSL by
adding these lines in /etc/ldap.conf:
ssl start_tls
tls_cacertfile /etc/ssl/cacert.pem
tls_ciphers TLSv1
it will fail, though i found nothing in the log file,
and the output of slapd debug seems fine.

I believe the authentication to the ldap server is
successful actually, but I have no idea why ftp
returns login failed to the user.

any idea where should i start debugging this problem ?

login, su, dtlogin, pop3 authentication work fine with
the same pam_ldap + TLS/SSL setup....another hint that
there's nothing wrong with the ldap server...

thanks,
lara

=====