[SunHELP] Canon Copier on Solaris 9

Alex Flores aflores at ats-islands.com
Thu Jul 15 09:34:38 CDT 2004

Hello All!

I am fairly new to Solaris but have some experience with Linux...

I am wondering if anyone can direct me to where I can find more information
about the printing commands in Solaris?  Moreso, how to install a printer.

I used to have these commands but they were for Solaris 8.  I have tried
them in 9 but with no luck.

lpadmin -p ccc1 -o dest=10.189.212.201 -T unknown -I any -v /dev/null -m
netstandard
accept ccc1
enable ccc1
cd /etc/lp/interfaces
vi ccc1
/nobanner
{ESC}
'l' to the o in no at nobanner=no
'x' to delete the letters
{ESC}
'a' to append
'yes'
{ESC} Shift :
at :, wq!
lpshut
/usr/lib/lpsched

Thanks,
Alex F.

Alex Flores
Manager, Information Technology
ATS Tours & Islands in the Sun
2381 Rosecrans Ave., Suite 325
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone:  (310) 643-0044 Ext. 353
Fax:  (310) 643-0032

CAUTION - The information in this email is confidential and is intended
only for the use of the above named recipient.   In certain cases it is
also legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please advise
immediately by return email.  Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of ATS
Tours & Islands In The Sun.