[SunHELP] Sparc 10 disk mounts

David Strom dstrom at ciesin.columbia.edu
Wed Jul 7 08:37:54 CDT 2004

Guess this request would be to fellow "old-timers" (;-) :

Does anyone have any of the Sparc 10 internal disk mounting grommets
that they could spare?  They look like plastic/rubber buttons with a
machine screw through the middle, just a bit wider than a pencil eraser.

I'm donating a Sparc 10 to someone who's just learning Solaris & Linux,
so as to encourage him to move away from the "dark side".  And, I'm
short 3 of these grommets.  (I have no idea why I have just one).  I
have lots of *old* Sun stuff, perhaps I could trade something?

Or, if anyone knows a good workaround/substitue, that would be helpful.
  I suppose wrapping a screw with electrical tape might work....

Thanks.
--
David Strom