[SunHELP] pam_ldap and TLS/SSL issue

Lara Adianto m1r4cle_26 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 00:01:16 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm using pam_ldap to help authenticating solaris 8
users to openldap server installed in RedHat Linux.
I've been successful in setting up the authentication
without TLS/SSl (ldap_simple_bind with password sent
in cleartext) and
now I would like to go one step further by securing
the communication between the server and the client.

Can somebody advise me on which method is best to work
and easiest to setup with solaris client ? TLS, SSL,
stunnel ?

Is there any howto as a guide ?

http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/LDAP.html is a good
site but the server is setup in the same machine as
the client, which is not my case.

-lara-

=====