[SunHELP] canceling remote print requests

Markham, Richard RLMarkham at hafeleamericas.com
Thu Jan 29 12:17:08 CST 2004

How do I cancel jobs that were sent to a remote server to queue that does
not exist?

lpq -l -P formserv:invoice

                         Windows NT LPD Server
Error: specified printer does not exist

oracle: 1st                                      [job 735host3]
        /temp/OFBAAGPa2468474 bytes

oracle: 2nd                                      [job 737host3]
        /temp/OFCAAHPa2632192 bytes

oracle: 3rd                                      [job 738host3]
        /OFDAAIPa4294 bytes

oracle: 4th                                      [job 748host3]
        /OFBAAEla4619 bytes

oracle: 5th                                      [job 749host3]
        /temp/OFDAAGla4568 bytes

I have tried the cancel command in server ways and I'm not doing something
right.
ie:
# cancel 735host3 formserv:invoice
735host3: unknown printer