[SunHELP] Question regarding Sun Ray 150 unit

Javier O. Augusto javier.augusto at gmx.net
Thu Jan 22 15:54:24 CST 2004

Hi folks,

I have a boxed Sun Ray 150 Enterprise Thin Client that is working
but unfortunately don't have the Sun enviroment required for its use.
As one of my users is needing a new CRT/LCD monitor and nobody is
using this Thin Client, I tried connecting the video output from one
of our GNU/Linux boxes to the  Ray 150 but nothing happened. Later on,
I checked on sun.docs page for more info on this topic and I found
that is said (by Sun) that the Ray cannot be used as a stan-alone
monitor. On the other hand, also tried connecting the video
output from the Ray to the monitor and got its signal (as it is
supposed to do).

I was wondering if someone out there could do a hack or whatever to
still use it as a stand-alone monitor for home use or office. I would
really like to hear opinions, especially because I'd like to use this
unit even though as its not supposed to be.

Thanks in advance!

Javier