[SunHELP] Solaris 10's networking broken?

Matt Gabriel matt.gabriel at myrealbox.com
Fri Feb 20 20:01:54 CST 2004

Thanks to Jim Pennino for his reply on smc yesterday, but it seems I've
got bigger fish to fry with 2.10.

I can see my happymeal and my qfe ports in prtconf just fine, drivers
are loaded, and the sys-config util found 'em fine, too. On boot, the
system reports a segfault when trying to bring up the primary port
(tried hme0 and qfe0), and ifconfig doesn't seem to recognize these
ports exist. I've juggled around the ports manually to make sure it's
not a hardware issue with hme0 or the quad card, no go.

	So, I'm stuck... either download Solaris 9, or go running into the
arms of Gentoo Linux ('cuz NetBSD doesn't do Creator3D, and OpenBSD
doesn't do smp.). Unless someone knows the secret technique to get
Solaris 10 to network on sbus systems.

~ Matt Gabriel